When it comes to overall health, I believe its important to look at inner and outer health. They both go hand in hand. What goes ONTO your body goes INTO your body and vice versa. I don’t know about you but when I start to eat unhealthy snacks a little too often, I’ll notice every single time my face will start to breakout. I think its so important to use products on your skin that are beneficial to your health when absorbed into your body.
LET’S GET INTO TURMERIC
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the Curcuma root which stems from the same family as ginger. Its active ingredient is Curcumin , is a miracle worker which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties. It heals and fixes pretty much everything you can think of.
- Turmeric masks are my favourite when it comes to an easy DIY mask.
It helps to:
- brighten your skin.
- tighten your pores.
- reduce the appearance of acne or eczema.
- reduce redness and inflammation.
- reduce hyper pigmentation.
- reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
HOW TO MAKE TURMERIC FACE MASK
- 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon or 2-3 drop of lemon essential oil.
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt (I like to use the Active brand)
- 1/2 tbsp of honey.
Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl with a wooden spoon or stick. Apply to face with a brush. FYI Turmeric will literally stain everything so wear something you don’t care about while applying it to your face. For lighter skin tones, I would suggest keeping it on for 5-7 mins. All others can keep it for 15 mins and beyond. At times i’ll keep it on for an hour and do work at the same time. Rinse with warm water and follow up with a good cleanser. You may need to cleanse more than once.
For the best results, repeat up to 3 times a week for at least a month and say hello to clear, revived skin.
WHAT ELSE YOU CAN DO FOR CLEAR SKIN
- cut out processed foods from diet.
- drink lots of water all day.
- drink celery juice first thing in the am.
- cleanse face morning and night.